The Maritime Labour Convention-2006 (MLC 2006) was introduced by the ILO to improve the international standard of the Fundamental Rights and Principles regarding the laws and regulations globally applying to the Seafarers, as well as global Seafarers’ Employment and social Rights. The MLC 2006 applies to a ship other than one which navigates exclusively in inland waters or waters within, or closely adjacent to, sheltered waters or areas where port regulations apply (all seagoing ships). MLC 2006 certification is mandatory for ships of 500 gross tonnage or over, engaged in international voyages (navigation) and for ships of 500 gross tonnage or over, flying the flag of a Member (a State that signed the MLC 2006), and operating from a port, or between the ports in another country.
WHY WORK WITH US?
· CRS has 70-year experience in the certification of products and a long-term experience in the certification of the safety management systems in the marine economy.
· CRS is one of the 12 IACS Members and actively participates in all IACS panels.
· CRS is an RO for most of the mayor flag administrations and for many more.
· CRS performs inspection / certification activities at reasonable price, engaging our own exclusive auditors in Croatia and other dislocated organizational units - branch offices in Dubai and Shanghai.
· CRS can provide the certification of the MLC 2006 with highly reputed organizations such as other IACS Members or Flag State Authorities. Dual Classification and Statutory certification, with IACS Members, provides optimal use of the resources with joint advantages of both classification ˛& certification entities at price of single certification.
· If your choice in the Statutory certification by CRS or CRS jointly with another IACS Member, the answers to the following questions:
o how to approach the certification / registration process;
o how to obtain and maintain the DMLC Part I and Part II, as well as the MLC 2006 certificate;
o which requirements shall be applied by CRS in the certification procedure;
A certification may be obtained from CRS head office in Split, or the closest CRS branch office.
Any enquiry regarding application for certification of your ship (vessel) can be sent directly to CRS Head Office as follows:
CROATIAN REGISTER OF SHIPPING
Attn. to: Certification of management systems division / Fleet Services Division
Phone No.: + 385 (0)21 408 116 / + 385 (0)21 408 117
Fax. No.: + 385 (0)21 358 159