Croatian Register of Shipping (CRS) provides statutory certification of inland navigation vessels in accordance with the provisions of the Law on Inland Navigation and Ports for Inland Waters (OJ 109/07, 132/07, 51/13 and 152/14), and is the competent authority as well as inspection body for the implementation of the Directive 2006/87/EC and (EU) 2016/1629. CRS is also authorized to carry out inspections of all types of vessels under EU flags falling within the scope of application of aforementioned Directives.
Among other things, Croatian Register of shipping carries out certification of inland navigation vessels in accordance with Technical Rules for Statutory Certification of Inland Navigation Vessels and Rules for the Technical Supervision of Inland Navigation Vessels. The Rules consider all aspects of safety of life and property at inland waterways as well as environment safety on inland waterways, and in respect to that prescribes agreed and applicable standards considering:
- safety and reliability of propulsion engine, auxiliary engines, devices and installations;
- stability, partitioning and freeboard;
- radio-equipment, navigation tools and signalization equipment;
- safety at work and accommodation for passengers and crew;
- pollution prevention from inland navigation vessels;
- tonnage measurement of inland navigation vessels.
In addition to statutory requirements, CRS established a set of Rules for the Classification of Inland Navigation Vessels according to which a vessel must be surveyed during construction and also maintained and inspected in service. This directly applies to the following activities:
- approval of technical documentation;
- survey at the premises of the manufacturer during manufacture of the materials, machinery, installations and equipment to be installed on board vessel;
- survey during construction at the premises of the shipyard;
- survey during trials and final tests;
- surveys and requirements for carrying out inspections of vessels in service.
Rules for the Classification of Inland Navigation Vessels (issued June, 2018.) are developed in accordance with international regulations prescribing that vessels must be designed, build and maintained in accordance with relevant technical regulations concerning hull, hull equipment, machinery, electrical equipment and steering devices adopted by an independent expert technical institution – classification society. This requirement is recognised by the CRS through development and implementation of technical standards regarding safety of life, property and environment on inland navigation vessels.
List of inland waterway vessels under supervision of CRS is available online and is updated continuously. Click her to access: Register of inland waterway vessels
Full list of inland waterway vessels under supervision of CRS from 2018 is available on the following link: Register of inland waterway vessels